M&A deals are officially #trending in 2018. Two of the largest VC backed acquisitions of the year in the US so far are in the health industry. The number and size of transactions are on the rise as both small and large companies look to acquisition to remain competitive and scale. The outcome can be in the billions, but getting through the M&A process can be complicated, time consuming and potentially disruptive to your business. If you’re considering selling your company, or merging with or acquiring another company sometime in the future, join us to learn how to ensure your deal is a success.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS and LaunchBio are bringing together an expert in M&A a founder whose company has recently been acquired, and the Corporate Development Director at Illumina to share tactical tips, pitfalls that could cost you the deal and insights on what the other side of the table is thinking. Whether you’re a first-time founder or seasoned entrepreneur, bring your questions! We’ll cover essential topics such as:
- When, why, with whom and how to consider an M&A deal for your company
- How to make the most of your advisors
- How much risk is too much risk?
- The balance of your bargaining position and understanding “the other side’s” motives
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them